Permits... who takes care of those?!?!


On your wedding day, you could have up to 10 required permits for your event, including a liquor license permit, food handling permit, open flame permits, tent permit, wedding permit, and event permit. While I can’t help with all of those, as your wedding photographer, I’ll make sure we’re in full compliance with any photography permits!

... to make sure we are preserving the beauty that Colorado has to offer.

For any photo session with Ashleigh Miller Photography, whether it’s your wedding day, engagement shoot, or family photos, we’ll have a conversation at least two weeks in advance about where we’ll be capturing these special memories. This ensures that I can acquire all the permits necessary for photographing you in your special location. As a general rule of thumb, if we’re not taking photos on private land, a special permit will be required. Now, the good news for you, as my client, is that you don’t have to do anything! Part of my services are researching, acquiring, and paying for any permits needed for your session. Happy dance!

I’ve learned a lot in the past decade about photography permits, especially in the Front Range. Over the years, the policies have changed as more and more people have moved to the Denver area. While the rapid pace of growth has brought lots of incredible people and opportunities to our region, it’s important for the policies to adjust to make sure we are preserving the beauty that Colorado has to offer. I promise I will do my very best to make sure that we are prepared and permitted for our photography session!